Monday, September 24, 2012

I won!!

I usually don't win anything.  In fact the last thing I won in my life was back in about 5th or 6th grade.  My Mom entered a drawing to win a year's worth of free groceries at a local grocery store's grand opening.  They were also giving away a 3 ft. high stuffed Pink Panther.  Mom got a call that she'd won.  Imagine her disappointment when she found out that she'd won the Pink Panther instead of the groceries.  My sister and I were elated.  We'd take turns letting Pink Panther sleep on our beds and played with him like he was a giant doll of sorts.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago.  Alison held a drawing on her blog for two beautiful cups with scenery from Glacier National Park.  I commented and won!!  It came in the mail with a nice note and I was thrilled to have morning coffee in my new cup.  Thank you Alison for making my day!!  Maybe I'll try to have a drawing soon just to pay it forward.  As for the Pink Panther??  I still wonder what became of him.  I have a feeling he probably wound up in the bin going to Goodwill years later.  Maybe somebody is loving him now.

3 comments:

Lani said...

We had an inflatable pink panther in our lives and I always wondered what happened to him, too. ;) Love the new cup. Jelly, but if someone other than me were to win, I'm glad it was you. Good morning!

The J's said...

Beautiful!! How very lucky you were :)
pink panther story is funny--I sure would've sympathized with your mom tho!

Tami Asars said...

Oh man, I do miss that pink panther. That was loads of fun- remember when we dressed him for Halloween? Who knew such a crazy stuffed toy would have helped define our childhood!